High Performance Cams for EJ20 WRX STI with AVCS (Versions 6 onwards)
This range of Kelford high performance camshafts is to suit the Version 6+ EJ20 engines with Subaru's awesome AVCS (Active Valve Control System).
This range of camshafts feature high velocity lobes that have a wider 'sweep' across the cam bucket, therefore these camshafts can only be used on shimless buckets or buckets that have the shim underneath. These profiles cannot run on the earlier 1999-2001 Version 5-6 buckets that have the shim on top.
In addition to our catalogue range, we can manufacture custom cams to your specifications, or design a profile to suit your specific application.
Please note that the correct valve spring selection will depend on the installed height in your particular cylinder heads. Please contact us to discuss the correct valve spring selection.
Please note, these cams are easily identified by the triggers on the rear of the intake cams, they are machined to have four protruding 'paddle wheel' style triggers. If your engine has the three 'keyway / slot' style triggers, you need to see our EJ25 range with the R-199 part numbers.
Camshaft Profiles & Technical Specifications
V2-199-D Camshaft Set:
- 282 & 278/278 Degrees advertised duration. 11.50mm & 11.00mm/11.00mm lift.
- To suit Subaru EJ20 WRX Version 6-10 AVCS.
- High Lift 282 degree duration racing cams.
- These cams require cylinder head modification to fit.
- Suits well built motors with larger intake manifolds.
- Good on E85 fuel.
- Must have shimless buckets and aftermarket ECU.